03 Mar 2017
03 Mar 2017
Activities Co-ordinator – Sonas Nursing Home Riverview, Ballina, Co Mayo
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Organise and coordinate activities for daily living.
- Organise an activities programme that will maintain interest and progression over a period of time.
- Identify the needs of the collective group of individuals and tailor the activities to suit.
- Activities need to be in conjunction with the policies and procedures of the nursing home and the working environment.
- Encourage involvement from the local community to attend your activities programmes.
- Be committed, patient and caring person with a sense of humour and a positive outlook on life.
- Be highly motivated and have excellent communication skills to deliver your activity programmes to a range of people.
- Be able to work well in a team and liaise with other staff, volunteers and residents.
- The main aim is to improve intellectual, physical and overall health of the residents.
- Minimum of FETAC/QQI Level 5 (Healthcare or related studies)
- Excellent inter-personal Skills
- Keen interest in working with the elderly
- Experience in a similar position
- Ability to work in a team and on own initiative
- Flexibility is required in relation to working hours
Reports to: Person in Charge
All applications will be treated with the strictest of confidence.
Sonas is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
For more information or to apply, please send CV’s to Administrator at [email protected]
Application Deadline: 13:00 hours Wednesday, 15th March 2017.
www.sonas.ieRead more ›