10 Feb 2017
10 Feb 2017
Direct and coordinate the management of the catering area, dining room and all staff assigned to the area. Operate the H.A.C.C.P. (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points) and standards set out by Sonas. Maintain all records associated with ordering, receiving and maintaining of foods in accordance with safe practices and legislation.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Full responsibility for the preparation of meals and to constantly introduce new and innovative menu options that meets the needs of the residents.
- Ensure daily menus are balanced and meet our residents’ requirements of producing high quality wholesome food.
- Maintain records and procedures with ordering, receiving and maintaining of food in accordance with safe practices and legislation.
- To continually react to dietary trends within the older persons care environment.
- To be aware of food nutrition standards /guidelines for residents.
- To assist the Person in Charge in the Nursing Home during HIQA audits.
- To work with the Person in Charge to ensure all residents requirements are met and be flexible in your approach.
- To ensure the highest standards of Fire Prevention, Health and Safety and HACCP are maintained in the kitchen.
- To achieve budgeted resident food cost through consistent costings and menu planning.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Previous experience providing excellent quality wholesome food
- Cook or Chef Qualification from a recognized catering school is desirable or adequate cooking experience received under supervision
Closing Date: Friday, 10th March 2017
If you are interested in applying; please send an updated CV and Cover Letter to Alison Colgan – HR Administrator at [email protected] or call Alison for further details on 09064 71017.
All applications will be treated with the strictest of confidence.
Sonas is an Equal Opportunities employer.Read more ›