Sonas Nursing Home – Athlone, County Westmeath
Read more ›
|Sonas Nursing Home Athlone, Co. Westmeath, are currently recruiting for experienced Health Care Assistants.
Our Care Assistants contributes to the fulfillment of Sonas standards of care, ensuring the resident’s privacy, dignity, respect and choice.
Before applying candidates MUST have a FETAC Level 5 Qualification in Health Care and a minimum of 1 year’s care of the elderly experience.
- Enable and assist resident to maintain their personal hygiene and appearance
- Enable and assist resident to eat and drink
- Enable and assist resident to access and use toilet facilities, participating in individual continence promotion programmes
- Enable and assist resident to maintain and improve their mobility
- Contribute to the movement and treatment of resident to maximise their physical comfort
- Enable and assist resident to achieve physical comfort
- Promote mobility of resident, supervising and assisting as necessary to ensure resident retains optimum mobility
- Maintain high level of communication between resident’s family and staff developing good relationships
- Participate in organising and carrying out social activities
- Assisting in the maintenance of a high standard of cleanliness in the home
- Contributes to the maintenance of Health and Safety in the Home
- General hygiene duties
- Care of resident clothing and property
- Assist with outings and activities
- Participate in an induction programme and ongoing staff training
- Any other duties deemed necessary by Nurse in Charge
For more information or to apply, please send CV’s to Aisling at [email protected]
All applications will be treated with the strictest of confidence.
Busy Kids Creche is an Equal Opportunities Employer.