14 Jan 2019
14 Jan 2019
Leading & Expanding Nursing Home Group Sonas Nursing Homes are currently recruiting Healthcare Assistants for their new purpose built Nursing Home in Knock Co. Mayo
Sonas Nursing Homes is an award winning leading provider of residential care to older persons operating Nursing Homes with independent living villages across Ireland. Sonas Nursing Homes cater for respite, convalescent, day care, short-term, long-term and palliative care and independent living. At our core is a commitment to our Sonas Values – Teamwork, Energy, Advocacy, Warmth, Empowerment and Empathy.
Position: Healthcare Assistants
Contract Type: Permanent Full Time
Location: Sonas Nursing Home Knock will be opening in Spring 2019 and is located on the Ballyhaunis Road in the village of Knock, Co. Mayo. Our newly built 56 Bed Nursing Home will be a state of the art, modern facility offering Person Centred Care with Ireland West Airport Knock located just 20km away. Our Nursing Home is within walking distance of nearby shops, cafes, churches and the Knock Shrine.
Role Summary: Support and assist residents enabling them to fulfil their activities of daily living ensuring that residents are encouraged to be as independent as possible. Establish and maintain relationships with residents that are based on respect and equality.
Duties & Responsibilities will include but not limited to:·
- Support and assist residents enabling them to fulfil their activities of daily living ensuring that residents are encouraged to be as independent as possible.
- Deliver a high standard of person-centred care ensuring all practices reflects the privacy, dignity and respect of our residents and underpins all the basic values that contribute to an excellent quality of life.
- Establish and maintain relationships with residents that are based on respect and equality.
- Promote, encourage and practice the ethos of person-centred care.
- Participate in organising and carrying out social outings and in-house activities.
- Maintain resident’s dining rooms, living areas and bedrooms in a neat, presentable and hygienic state.
- Support and assist the management team during internal and external audits/inspections.
- Must be available to work various day, night and weekend shifts when required.
Education & Qualifications:
- Must have completed full FETAC/QQI Major Award Level 5 in Healthcare or related field.
- Modules completed in Care of the Older Person, Infection Prevention & Control, Nutrition and Palliative Care Support are desirable.
- Current and valid CPR, Dementia, Infection Control, Manual and Resident Moving & Handling & Safeguarding of Vulnerable Adults Certificates (training can be provided if required).
Skills and Experience:
- Previous working experience in care of the older person within a residential care home setting is desirable.
- Possess a high regard for and practice good health and safety procedures at all times.
- Passionate about delivering outstanding care to older people and be a committed, patient and caring person with a sense of humour and a positive outlook on life.
Benefits of working for Sonas Nursing Homes:
Employing a large workforce, we offer unparalleled opportunity to develop your career and broaden your experience.
Sonas Nursing Homes have built and sustained its reputation for excellence which make us an excellent employer of choice.
- Competitive Rates of Pay
- Induction Program
- Bike to Work Scheme
- Career Progression/Internal Promotions
- Continuous Training and Development
- Personal Retirement Savings Account (PRSA)
- Long Service Recognition Awards
- Discounted Supplier Arrangements
- Tax relief for supplying and laundering of uniforms
- Refer a Friend Bonus Scheme
- Free on-site Parking
- Employee Competitions
- Staff Social Events
- Employee Well-Being
- Education Funding Assistance
- Charity Giving Program
- Living the Sonas Values Awards
- 1 X Uniform and Name Badge Provided
- All meals provided during working hours
How to Apply:
To submit your application; click on the ‘Apply’ button
Application Deadline: 17.00pm on 15th March 2019
Alternatively, please post CV’s to Amy Curley, HR Department, Sonas Support Office, Cloghanboy, Ballymahon Road, Athlone, Co. Westmeath
All applications will be treated with the strictest of confidence.
Sonas is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Read more ›