Position: Multi Task Attendant
Contract Type: Permanent Full time
Hours per week: 39 hours per week inclusive of night and weekend shifts
Sonas Nursing Homes is an award winning leading provider of residential care to older persons operating Nursing Homes with independent living villages across Ireland. Sonas Nursing Homes cater for respite, convalescent, day care, short-term, long-term and palliative care and independent living. At our core is a commitment to our Sonas Values – Teamwork, Energy, Advocacy, Warmth, Empowerment and Empathy.
Sonas Nursing Home Melview is situated in a quiet cul-de sac on a mature site, in a residential area slightly removed from the town centre of Clonmel, Co. Tipperary easily accessible from the main Limerick, Waterford and Cork roads. Our 44 bed home is convenient to all services including shops, schools, churches and the nearby South Tipperary General Hospital.
Duties & Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Ensure the highest standards of Health, Safety, Fire, Food Handling, Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (H.A.C.C.P) and Infection Control are adhered to at all times in the catering area.
- Support and assist the Catering Supervisor/Cook to document all associated records with ordering, receiving and maintaining of foods in accordance with safe practices and legislation.
- Assist and support the Catering Supervisor/Cook in the preparation and cooking of excellent quality and wholesome meals and home baking.
- Support the Catering Supervisor/Cook to ensure all daily menus are balanced and meet our resident’s individual requirements.
- Gain knowledge in food nutrition and diet standards suitable for older people and the Malnutrition Universal Screening Tool (MUST) guidelines.
- Ensure safe storage of foods in accordance with legislative standards.
- Maintain all areas in the nursing home to a high standard of cleanliness, tidiness and hygiene.
- Carry out assigned housekeeping duties including cleaning, dusting, vacuuming , polishing and moping of equipment, furnishing, crockery, cutlery, kitchen appliances, toilets, bathrooms, bedrooms, living areas, windows and refuse disposal areas.
- Domestic and hazardous waste disposal; ensure bins are collected, cleaned and kept in a hygienic manner at all times.
- Cleaning of spillages as they occur and proper use of safety signs.
- Adhere to infection control policies and procedures and keep up-to-date on best practices.
- Report and record any observed defects on the premises and grounds, equipment or other problems that may affect the general standard of service.
- Arrange the resident’s laundry into relevant groups, preparing soiled clothing and linen for laundry for processing through the washer, drier and iron.
- Liaise and coordinate with external laundry personnel if any linen is laundered externally.
- Folding and storage of clothing and linen.
- Ensure the highest quality standard is achieved in relation to stain removal, cleanliness and dryness.
- Ensure statutory Health, Safety & Fire and Infection Control standards in the laundry area are adhered to and carry out duties in line with health and safety procedures at all times.
Education & Qualifications:
- Current and valid Infection Control, Chemical Awareness, Food Handling, HACCP, Manual and Resident Moving & Handling & Safeguarding of Vulnerable Adults Certificates (training can be provided if required).
Skills and Experience:
- Previous working experience in care of the older person within a residential care home setting is desirable.
- Possess a high regard for and practice good health and safety procedures at all times.
- Passionate about delivering outstanding care to older people and be a committed, patient and caring person with a sense of humour and a positive outlook on life.
- Comply and adhere to the Sonas’ Values, Code of Conduct, Key Competencies & Policies and Procedures.
- Attend and participate in training and assessments as required to refresh or gain new knowledge/skills.
- Assist and support the management team during internal and external audits/inspections.
- Promote, encourage and practice the ethos of person-centred care.
- Establish and maintain relationships with residents that are based on respect and equality.
- Be committed, patient and caring person with a sense of humour and a positive outlook on life.
- Maintain resident’s dining rooms, living areas and bedrooms in a neat, presentable and hygienic state.
- Support and assist other staff members in promoting a cheerful, pleasant and homelike environment and demonstrate a friendly attitude towards residents.
- Due to the nature of our business, flexibility with rostered days and hours of work is required.
- Must be available to work various days, nights and weekend shifts when required.
Read more ›