24 Sep 2019
24 Sep 2019
Applications are closed for this position
Leading & Expanding Nursing Home Group Sonas Nursing Homes are currently recruiting an experienced Person in Charge for their new purpose built Nursing Home in Carrick on Suir Co. Tipperary
Sonas Nursing Homes is an award winning leading provider of residential care to older persons operating Nursing Homes with independent living villages across Ireland. Sonas Nursing Homes cater for respite, convalescent, day care, short-term, long-term and palliative care and independent living. At our core is a commitment to our Sonas Values – Teamwork, Energy, Advocacy, Warmth, Empowerment and Empathy.
Position: Director of Care/Person in Charge
Contract Type: Permanent Full Time
Role Summary: The Person in Charge is responsible to direct and coordinate the management of the nursing home, establish and maintain a standard of residential care and activities in accordance with the best national and international practices and within available resources. Coordinate the management of all staff in establishing and maintaining the standard as set out by Sonas and Statutory Regulations. Establish and maintain relationships with residents that are based on respect and equality.
Duties & Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Undertake the role and responsibilities of the Person in Charge in line with the Health Act 2007, related regulations and HIQA National Quality Standards.
- Oversee the organisation, management and operations of all aspects of the Nursing Home in coordination with the Registered Provider.
- Provide leadership and clinical supervision to all staff thus improving standards and maintaining a high morale amongst the team.
- Use leadership styles that have a positive impact on staff morale and the Nursing Home environment.
- Establish and maintain through high standards of professional practice, a caring environment which is conducive to the physical, emotional, social and spiritual individual needs of the residents.
- Contribute to the safeguarding of residents, taking steps to protect residents from any form of abuse or neglect and use the appropriate reporting mechanisms to inform the relevant parties of any concerns.
- Establish and maintain relationships with residents that are based on respect and equality.
- Promote, encourage and practice the ethos of person-centred care.
- Must be available to work night and weekend shifts as required.
Education & Qualifications:
- Third Level Degree in Nursing.
- Registered with An Bord Altranais and hold an active PIN.
- Current and valid Infection Control,Manual and Resident Moving & Handling, Medication Management, CPR, Dementia, Safeguarding of Vulnerable Adults certificates (training can be provided if required).
- Post-registration qualification in healthcare management or equivalent is essential. In the absence of such a qualification,the appointee will be required to undertake such training.
- Post-registration qualification in Gerontology or Dementia Care is desirable.
Skills and Experience:
- Minimum three years’ previous work experience in a management capacity is essential.
- Minimum three years’ experience in the area of nursing of older people within the last six years’.
- Minimum six years’ post-registration nursing experience.
- Proven clinical competence and passionate about delivering outstanding care to older people.
- Full Irish Driver’s License and access to own transport is essential.
Benefits of working for Sonas Nursing Homes:
Employing a large workforce, we offer unparalleled opportunity to develop your career and broaden your experience.
Sonas Nursing Homes have built and sustained its reputation for excellence which make us an excellent employer of choice.
- Competitive Rates of Pay
- Induction Program
- Bike to Work Scheme
- Career Progression/Internal Promotions
- Continuous Training and Development
- Personal Retirement Savings Account (PRSA)
- Long Service Recognition Awards
- Discounted Supplier Arrangements
- Tax relief for supplying and laundering of uniforms
- Refer a Friend Bonus Scheme
- Free on-site Parking
- Employee Competitions
- Staff Social Events
- Employee Well-Being
- Education Funding Assistance
- Charity Giving Program
- Living the Sonas Values Awards
- 1 X Uniform and Name Badge Provided
- All meals provided during working hours
How to Apply:
To submit your application; click on the ‘Apply’ button
Application Deadline: 17.00pm on 31st January 2019Read more ›