14 Jan 2019
14 Jan 2019
Leading & Expanding Nursing Home Group Sonas Nursing Homes are currently recruiting a Physiotherapist for their new purpose built Nursing Home in Knock Co. Mayo
Sonas Nursing Homes is an award winning leading provider of residential care to older persons operating Nursing Homes with independent living villages across Ireland. Sonas Nursing Homes cater for respite, convalescent, day care, short-term, long-term and palliative care and independent living. At our core is a commitment to our Sonas Values – Teamwork, Energy, Advocacy, Warmth, Empowerment and Empathy.
Contract Type: Permanent Full Time
Location: Sonas Nursing Home Knock will be opening in Spring 2019 and is located on the Ballyhaunis Road in the village of Knock, Co. Mayo. Our newly built 56 Bed Nursing Home will be a state of the art, modern facility offering Person Centred Care with Ireland West Airport Knock located just 20km away. Our Nursing Home is within walking distance of nearby shops, cafes, churches and the Knock Shrine.
Role Summary: The purpose of the Physiotherapist is to work in partnership with colleagues and residents to enable residents to achieve and maintain optimal function and independence. Deliver a high standard of care and ensure all physio practices reflect the privacy, dignity and respect of our residents and underpins all the basic values that contribute to an excellent quality of life. Establish and maintain relationships with residents that are based on respect and equality.
Duties & Responsibilities will include but not limited to:·
- Work in partnership with the multi-disciplinary teams to assess, monitor and record new and existing resident’s physical abilities in their individual care plans.
- Create individual physio charts for each residents and update when required.
- Liaise and update all staff members, residents and healthcare professionals on the resident’s individual requirements.
- Deliver physiotherapy to colleagues as and when required by the business.
- Coordinate, facilitate and amend Moving and Handling Training when required.
- Deliver a high standard of care and ensure all physio practices reflects the privacy, dignity and respect of our residents and underpins all the basic values that contribute to an excellent quality of life and independence.
- Promote through high standards of professional practice, a caring environment which is conducive to the physical, emotional, social and spiritual individual needs of the residents.
- Promote, encourage and practice the ethos of person-centred care.
- Establish and maintain relationships with residents that are based on respect and equality.
- Complete and report on internal audits and assist the management team during external audits/inspections.
- Must be available to work various days and weekend shifts when required.
Education & Qualifications:
- Third Level Degree in Physiotherapy.
- Must be registered with CORU.
- Current and valid Infection Control, Manual and Resident Moving & Handling, Safeguarding of Vulnerable Adults Certificates (training can be provided if required).
Skills and Experience:
- Experience of modern therapeutic procedures in the care and rehabilitation of older people.
- Proven physio competence in the care of older people.
- Possess a high regard for and practice good health and safety procedures at all times.
- Passionate about delivering outstanding care to older people.
Benefits of working for Sonas Nursing Homes:
Employing a large workforce, we offer unparalleled opportunity to develop your career and broaden your experience.
Sonas Nursing Homes have built and sustained its reputation for excellence which make us an excellent employer of choice.
- Competitive Rates of Pay
- Induction Program
- Bike to Work Scheme
- Career Progression/Internal Promotions
- Continuous Training and Development
- Personal Retirement Savings Account (PRSA)
- Long Service Recognition Awards
- Discounted Supplier Arrangements
- Tax relief for supplying and laundering of uniforms
- Refer a Friend Bonus Scheme
- Free on-site Parking
- Employee Competitions
- Staff Social Events
- Employee Well-Being
- Education Funding Assistance
- Charity Giving Program
- Living the Sonas Values Awards
- 1 X Uniform and Name Badge Provided
- All meals provided during working hours
How to Apply:
To submit your application; click on the ‘Apply’ button
Application Deadline: 17.00pm on 15th February 2019
Alternatively, please post CV’s to Amy Curley, HR Department, Sonas Support Office, Cloghanboy, Ballymahon Road, Athlone, Co. Westmeath
All applications will be treated with the strictest of confidence.
Sonas is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Read more ›