31 Mar 2020
31 Mar 2020
Sonas Nursing Homes in Tullow (Carlow) and Ard na Greine (Enniscrone) are currently recruiting for a Chef on a relief basis during this challenging time.
The position will be covering 8 hours per week with the potential of more hours in the future.
Benefits of working for Sonas Nursing Homes:
- Employee Well Being Programme
- All Meals Provided while on duty
- Sonas Nursing Homes have built and sustained its reputation for excellence which make us an excellent employer of choice.
- Employee Well-Being Program
- Career Progression
- Training and Development Provided
- Induction Training Program
- Education Assistance Program
Responsibilities and duties will include but are not limited to:
- Ensure the highest standards of Health, Safety, Fire, Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (H.A.C.C.P) and Infection Control are adhered to at all times in the catering area.
- Support and assist the Catering Supervisor/Cook to document all associated records with ordering, receiving and maintaining of foods in accordance with safe practices and legislation.
- Assist and support the Catering Supervisor/Cook in the preparation and cooking of excellent quality and wholesome meals and home baking.
- Support the Catering Supervisor/Cook to ensure all daily menus are balanced and meet our resident’s individual requirements.
- Gain knowledge in food nutrition and diet standards suitable for older people and the Malnutrition Universal Screening Tool (MUST) guidelines.
- Ensure safe storage of foods in accordance with legislative standards.
- Promote, encourage and practice the ethos of person-centred care.
- Establish and maintain relationships with residents that are based on respect and equality.
- Maintain the highest standard of service to resident’s in their dining rooms, living areas and bedrooms.
- Assist and support the management team during internal and external audits/inspections.
- Be committed, patient and caring person with a sense of humour and a positive outlook on life.
- Must be available to work various days and weekend shifts when required.
Education & Qualifications:
- Current and valid Food Handling, HACCP, Manual Handling & Safeguarding of Vulnerable Adults Certificates (training can be provided if required).
- Cook or Chef Qualification from a recognized catering school or adequate cooking experience received under supervision is desirable.
Skills and Experience:
- Proven track record of providing excellent quality wholesome food to older people.
- Previous working experience within a residential care home setting is desirable.
- Possess a high regard for and practice good health and safety procedures at all times.
- Passionate about providing balanced and nutritional meals to older people.
How to Apply:
Email Amy at [email protected]
All applications will be treated with the strictest of confidence.
Sonas is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
- HACCP: 1 year (Preferred)
- Chef: 2 years (Preferred)