|Sonas Nursing Home are recruiting for a Clinical Coordinator to oversee all our 8 Nursing Homes. To direct and co-ordinate the management of the Nursing Homes, ensuring that standards are maintained in accordance with the best national and international practice and within availableresources. Co-ordinate and assist the Directors of Care of the Nursing homes, in establishing and maintaining the standard as set out by the Sonas, Excellence Ireland, Nursing Home Regulations, HIQA and An Bord Altranais.
This position requires travel of all 8 Nursing Homes located in Clonmel, Tullow, Athlone, Roscommon, Ballina, Enniscrone and Belmullet.
A minimum of 3 years’ experience in managing a Nursing Home. (PIC or higher)
A nursing qualification and current registration with An Bord Altranais.
Degree or equivalent in Health Care Management.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership and direction for staff and ancillary staff, which results in the delivery of effective, efficient and quality assuredresident centered care.
- Manage standards using evidence based care planning approach. Develop a shared sense of commitment and participation among staff in the development of services and in responding to the changing needs of residents.
- Exercise confidentiality in all matters concerning residents, making all staff aware of their responsibilities in this area at all times including staff storage of reports and files.
- Formulation of policies and the selection, introduction and development of information and other systems for the Care of the Elderly Services.
- Develop knowledge of systems used in other agencies including staffing, personnel financial and other relevant information.
- Participate in the preparation of plans for services and monitor and report on their implementation as required.
- Responsibility for management of all services over a 24 – hour basis and ensuring that systems are in place to support these responsibilities.
- Assist and advise Directors of Care in developing collaborative care planning in conjunction with other professionals.
- Assist and advise directors of Care on the development and implementation of a discharge policy and ensure good liaison with other services.
- Audit services on a regular basis.
Health & Safety
- Promote and maintain a safe environment for residents, visitors and staff.
- Develop and implement risk management, health & safety strategies in consultation with the Directors of Care.
- Ensure that Directors of Care are conversant with fire regulations and emergency procedures.
- Participate, as required, in the recruitment selection and appointment of all staff under their aegis.
- Ensure the Directors of Care use optimum and effective use of staff through efficient rostering, skill grade mix, planning and development.
- Ensure Directors of Care initiate the implementation of an ongoing development of individual performance review process and foster a high level of morale among staff by effective motivation and communication.
- Participate in the formation of relevant personnel policies and procedures.
- Deal with industrial relations issues relating to staff in consultation with directors of Sonas.
- Ensure that all ongoing staff learning needs are met.
- Liaise and co-operate with outside agencies as appropriate to ensure that these objectives are achieved.
- Ensure that modern standards of healthcare are in operation and that regular monitoring of healthcare is undertaken
- Develop a philosophy of care that reflects Sonas commitment to the provision of a high standard of care.
- Maintain good collaborative working relationships and communications with appropriate statutory, professional and voluntary community organization
- Ensure adherence to all codes and guidelines in relation to professional practice and behaviour